Sunday, November 10, 2013

Teaser Standing Outside The Fire by Speklez




As the night continued on, my eyes stayed glued to the little human. I had to laugh a few different times over the evening. You could tell she wasn’t comfortable in here, that this was out of her realm of normal. Her confidence was nearly non-existent and I actually found myself annoyed by that. She was pretty fucking hot, as far as humans went, and still young. There was no reason I could come up with why she would be acting as if going dancing with her friends was going to end the world. Even when she was on the dance floor, she was standoffish, staying just slightly back away from them and not really doing much.
Another hour passed, and since I had been drinking, I thought a little help for her poor self-esteem was in order. Not wanting to let the cat out of the bag to the annoyance that was Jasper’s little midget just yet, I asked the bartender for a pen. The less actual interaction there was during the time they were away, the more likely it was that I could impart simple truths and get Bella to see things from a slightly different perspective.
Living on the outside looking in was no way to live.
I understood she spent most of her time with vampires and couldn’t play in the reindeer games for her own safety, but this was past the point of pathetic. She was currently with humans and was acting the same way. However, I also knew she was rejected by my kind, the word ‘tolerated’ comes to mind over ‘accepted’, and she lived with a fear of it happening among her own kind.
It was sad, really, the lengths one had gone to see she never strayed far. I was curious as to who the little lady was before him, and come hell or high water, I was going to find out.
Writing a short note on a napkin, I closed my tab and finished my beer as I waited for the perfect opportunity to strike. I didn’t have to wait long before she separated herself from her friends and headed to the bar for something to drink. Killing my beer, I got up and moved through the crowd of humans and stopped behind her.
Caging her with my arms on either side of her, I dipped my head and whispered in her ear. “A beating heart doesn’t mean you’re alive. You’re more of a corpse than I am.” Forcing the napkin under her hand, I continued. “You don’t need to be killed, you’re already dead. Think about that as you continue to let your life wither before your eyes.”
Her brown doe eyes locked on my red ones, confusion flooding the orbs as her fingers tightened on the note. “What’s this?”
I ran my nose along the shell of her ear, dropping my voice even more to force her to listen. “A choice.”


No comments:

Post a Comment